Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Music Mix


Happy Monday Guys! Hope y'all enjoy this little mix of my top listens for this past week.

*You're only gonna get this warning once; my music tastes are all over the place so expect anything from Tuvan Throat Singing to Old School Blues. Anything goes here.*

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Are you one of the many who wish that Lauryn Hill had dropped another LP as beautifully crafted as "Miseducation"? Well, I've got a present for y'all; Akua Naru. While she's not a songstress in the strictest sense (she's a rapper) this track will definitely satisfy your craving.
You're welcome ; )



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This track being on this list is by and large influenced by my running/workout regiment. Sometimes, you just need that no nonsense, playful, heavy beat to pound you out through the 10th mile of your 12 mile run. This is that song. I play this when I start hitting The Wall and want to stop. But nuh-uh you're not allowed to quit, this song won't let you. Check it out if you are looking for a killer song to add to your workout mix.

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you'll probably see this channel pop up a lot in my mixes. Majestic Casual is my go to channel for all occasions. When I want to chill out with friends, it's Majestic Casual. When I want to pre-game and get hyped, it's Majestic Casual. When I wake up in the morning and need that extra push, it's Majestic Casual. It really is my everything with it's a hodge-podge of remixes, house, and everything in between. Mar brings it though in this jazzy house mix you'll definitely want to check out. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old School Underground Hip Hop in 2013. Pharoahe Monch and Jean Grae will always hold that special place in my heart. This song embodies everything that I love about Hip Hop but you'll just have to listen to understand. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXYYXX, just what can I say. No matter how many times I've tried to pronounce this dude's name (zerrr-eeeee-zazzaahh...) I will never get over his music. DMT is that song you crank up during that long windy stretch of a road trip where it's just you, your car, and a whole bunch of trees blowing past. It's perfection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this last one isn't a song by itself, but an entire mix. I just had to add it though because of all the music on the list for this week, this has been replayed the most. This is my gotta get sh*t done music. Well actually, it's my gotta get a lot of sh*t done and I know imma be at it for a while music. The mix being an hour long is perfect for this. Plus, it features a picture from My Neighbor Totoro so what more can you love. Trip Hop, Acid Jazz, and a whole hour of feels will ensue. 
Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------
What are some of the songs you've been putting on repeat lately? I'm always looking for new music.


Tusch. ; D



No comments:

Post a Comment