Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Music Mix

Happy Monday Guys! So I've just started at a new job and am about to start up this wicked internship so I haven't kept to my schedule for this blog. Real life has a way of creeping up on you like that. Now that everything is starting to settle and I am figuring out my weekly routine, I will be right back at it. I made a promise to myself and I am going to keep it. Anyways, onward with the music.

Sit back. Relax. And Enjoy.

Macklemore "Hold Your Head Up"

Let me start off by saying that I am not really much for the Grammy's, but I do have to say that I'm happy for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Apparently they racked up a lot of Grammy's and married a bunch of couples during their set. Who else can say that they've done that? So in honour of their big night, I present the song that introduced me to Macklemore. I first heard this song a few years ago and had originally thought it was a Matisyahu song. But a friend finally corrected me and told me his name and that I should check him out since he was a fellow pacific-north westerner. After hearing more, the rest was history.... ; )

Matisyahu "Searching"

I had to include Matisyahu in this week's mix because a) this song has straight been on repeat in my place and b) this song epitomized my music experience as a high schooler. (Plus I mentioned him above, so he deserved a shout out). Anyway, anyone familiar with the Fifa Football games knows that they churn out some fantastic soundtracks and this song is no exception. So I guess this would be point c) it's a song from one of my favourite game's soundtracks. Score!

Jesse Boykins III "The Perfect Blues"

Before I say anything else, go click on the link above and watch the music video for this song...
...
...Did you watch it? If you did, then you'll understand that words cannot describe this song. If you didn't then go watch it right now! 

James Blake "Bills Bills Bills" (Destiny's Child)

90's girl-band nostalgia meets new age house chill r&b. I swear I never know how to describe this boy. His style is truly out of this world and you won't find anyone else like him. Period. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Ladi6 "Ikarus"

There are just some songs that become the soundtrack for your life. This is one of them. I play this song on repeat in the background of all my daily happenings; be it while I'm baking or brushing my teeth. It's multi-faceted and versatile and makes you feel like your life could be an irl Youtube vlog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment